Sunday, July 18, 2010

Pyrography

A few weeks ago I went to a pyrographic class in Johnson City, Texas.  The instructor was Kathleen Marie.  I found her website online.  Contacted her and just went.

http://www.kathleenmariestudio.com/

It was very nice.  She has a cute country house way out of town.  She also has a gallery where she does her work and has a show room.  There was a garden and yard planted with lots of different things.

Part of the class was to walk around and take pictures so that we could try to visualize designing out own designs for pyrographic projects.


I took lots of photos.  This was one of my favorites.



This was a very good class for me.  In just a few minutes she corrected the way I was holding the tip I was using.  The bent spear I think.  Anyway I am very happy.  Had a great day and my work has improved 200% I think.  

I can't even begin to tell you about seeing all of her beautiful work in person.  She using the type of wood and the grain of the wood as a part of the work.  See how the loon is swimming through the ripples in the water.  She drew it for me and set it up but I burned everything.  It also has some caulk pencil and acrylic paint for the white.


No comments:

Post a Comment